Pages

12 December 2013

Brr, it's freezing outside

Usually I enjoy the cold to some extent. I like seeing a fresh blanket of snow on the ground. I enjoy the yard not being a swamp when I am taking the dog out for a walk. However, this year the cold is driving me nuts. My internal thermostat is already bonkers and the cold weather is making it go haywire. My bones are so stiff and hurting so much  that I can't hardly stand going outside. I don't know how I am going to make it through the winter.

Maybe I need to move somewhere that's warm all year long. If it were only that easy. I have a ninety five year old grandmother to care for. Moving is out of the question. If only I could go outside in a bubble that remained a constant temperature. My body takes so long to get warm after I am cold. I am only outside for ten minutes at a time max, just long enough to walk the dog.

How do you handle the cold weather when dealing with chronic pain? My hands are still aching and it's been an hour since I was last outside.  Ugh! I need to live on a beach.

0 comments:

Post a Comment